Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Every Day is a Lesson...

Yesterday I went to the neighbourhood salon for my daughther's haircut. It's a small one ensconsed in the neighbourhood market but i really like the personalized service they give. for e.g when I call , they have my number stored and will greet me by my name and I never have to give my other details - only the time I need to come. They know who's my favorite there. We were supposed to reach at 1:00 PM . At 1:15 , I got a call- " Ma'am , Are you running late? ". " Yes, I am. I should be there in half an hour's time. " Usually, its not an issue but I could sense they weren't as acommodating about it as they have been in the past. Anyways, by the time I reached the place, I had already formed my conclusion " All these places try to be good in service but can never sustain it " and had made up my mind to switch back to the fancy salon I used to visit. Both of us reached around 1:45 PM. We were the only customers and I was further infuriated that despite not being busy, they were sounding so unwelcoming on the phone. We finished our chores there and as I was waiting for him to take out the bill, I suddenly noticed a lot of activity amongst the staff. I asked and the manager mentioned - " Actually ma'am , we have a staff party today. It's a first for many of us . We were supposed to close at 1:00 but since you called, we waited and now everyones in a hurry to get ready" . As you can fathom, I was so embarrased at this sudden turn of the event, that I literally went red. and thats where the lesson of not being judgemental was relearnt this new year. And to add, the staff was over enthu there. I saw one guy getting his hair washed, other one applying colour to his. The girls inside using all the make up tips they give to clients. I also oveheard the manager talking to his boss - " yes sir, beer should be okay for us. Girl's will take breezers and then sheepishly adding " and the helper sir here, we have asked him as well and he wanted to have whisky " :)) Heres's wishing all of you a happy new year and may these small lessons help us make each day a learning and full filled day.

No comments: